Urinary tract infections are annoying, especially when a confusion hits your mind that you want to stand or sit, or just want to squeeze down there. People who have suffered this feeling understands better and want solutions for same.
Urine infection is more common in women because they have small urethra which makes it easier for microbes to travel. Mostly UTIs are uncomplicated and don’t have much symptoms and 20% UTIs are complicated, uncomfortable and bounce back.
UTIs can be prevented upto some level by maintaining a good hygiene and taking some extra care while using public toilets. Before we jump into preventive measures and natural treatment, let’s understand why treating UTIs is important.
What is Urinary Tract Infection?
Urinary tract infection is an infection of any part of the urinary system which involves urethra, bladder, ureters and kidneys. Lower urinary tract ( urethra and bladder) infections are more common than upper urinary tract( ureters and kidneys) infections.
Urinary tract infections are usually caused by microbes, sometimes by fungi and rarely by viruses that can be fatal. Which is why a treating UTIs is important and better to take full precautions to prevent urinary tract infections.
Symptoms of UTI:
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Urge to urinate again and again
- Frequent urination
- Foul smell in urine
- Cloudy or dark urine
- Bloody urine
- Pain in lower abdomen
- Feeling of incomplete bladder emptying
- No urination
How to prevent Urinary tract infections?
Key to prevent urine infection is to keep bacteria out of your system.To say goodbye to unpleasant symptoms, start with these changes in your day routine.
- Drink lots of fluids, which help you to flush the bacteria out of your system and keeps you well hydrated.
- STOP HOLDING URINE. Yes, holding urine in bladder can cause infection just as there are bacteria in standing water.
- After every bowel movement do wash your anal area from front to back so that microbes can not make it to the urethra.
- Always wash with a soap before and after sex and urinate afterwards as it pushes the bacteria out of urinary tract.
- Sidestep of irritating feminine products like douching, scented powders or sprays to avoid urine infection.
- Be wise while choosing condoms as a birth control, because lubricants in condoms contribute to bacterial growth and can cause urine infection.
- Your underwear also plays a major role in providing you comfort and infection free environment. Do check this before choosing your fighters.
Natural Remedies to treat Urinary Tract Infections
Antibiotics are mainstream treatment for urine infection but it can lead to antibiotic resistance. Fortunately there are natural treatment which can wipe out this infection successfully.
1. Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice is a well known natural remedy to treat urine infection and is being used for decades. It can speed up the recovery and it is very beneficial in preventing E. Cloi cells.
It contains antioxidants and polyphenols which works as an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent to provide relief from annoying urine infection. Cranberry juice around 500ml/day should be taken to treat UTI.
Asparagus is well known for it’s diuretic and high fiber content. It is generally used for weight loss but it works amazing in clearing out infectious cells in urinary tract.
Consuming more asparagus in your diet can increase your trip to the washroom, which serves as a flush therapy for bad bacteria.
3. Tribulus Terrestris/Gokshoor
Antibacterial properties of tribulus terrestris methanol extract is traditionally used for treatment of UTIs. It works amazing for chronic E.coli urinary tract infection.
It is easily available on Amazon or in herbal pharmacies. It should be used for limited time period as prolonged can increase serum testosterone levels.
4. Boerhavia Diffusa
Boerhavia diffusa is an Ayurvefic medicine used in various treatments like kidney disease, skin disorders, insomnia and many more.
Antibacterial properties of Boerhavia diffusa works same as in a broad spectrum antibiotics. It works great on five urinary tract infection causing pathogens, Klebsiella, Psudomonas, Entrococcus, Eschericihia cloi and Proteus.
You can easily make an extract directly from the root or can buy it from amazon or Himalaya wellness.
5. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry is the richest sources of vitamin C, which significantly in inhibiting the growth of infection causing bacterias.
Mix 1 tsp of Indian gooseberry powder in 1 cup and boil . Use this mixture for two times a day for 3-5 days.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV is a rich source of enzymes, potassium and some more useful minerals that prevent multiplication of bacterias. Apple cider vinegar helps in treating urine infections naturally.
Add 2tsp of ACV in a glass of water and consume twice a day for few days.
Depending on the agent causing urinary tract infection, recovery may take a few days or weeks or months. So it is very important to take a urinalysis to start with the right steps towards treatment.
Thanks For Reading !!!
Some Must Read:
- 3 Ayurvedic Drop for youthful skin
- 5 Amazing Coffee Face Packs
- How To Deal With Acne
- Super food for breast enhancement
- Beauty with Honey
- 7 Tips For Soft & Glowing Skin