What are the benefits of flaxseeds and, why you should try to incorporate more of them into your diet, especially when there are so many healthy food options out there that can easily grab your attention?
Flaxseed is like a bag full of nutrients as we discussed earlier, they are rich in fibre and omega-3 fatty acids, as well as phytochemicals called lignans. Flaxseed is also a heart healthy food which helps in lowering high cholesterol and protects you from heart diseases.
Flaxseed contains all sort of healthy components but it is reputed mainly for:
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Lignans – estrogen and antioxidant qualities
Flaxseed provides good fat which is beneficial for heart. They helps in maintaining a healthy blood pressure as well as control blood sugar spikes. You can also checkout the explained benefits of flaxseeds .
- Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Help in constipation and improves digestion
- Provides healthy skin and hairs
- Regulates your blood pressure
- Help to lose weight
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- Improves blood sugar control
- Correct hormonal imbalance
- Prevent certain cancers
How To Use Flaxseed
Literature mentions the use of flaxseed in the past as long as 6,000 years ago for it’s nutritional values. These are easily available at grocery stores, health stores and online.
- Sprouted Flaxseed : To get maximum benefits of flaxseed, use them in sprouted form. Soak them in water overnight or for 2 hours to increase it’s mineral absorption.
- Grounded Flaxseed : Whole seed can pass out undigested in your gut and you won’t gain any benefits. So, use grounded flaxseed to get most of its nutritional benefits.
- Flaxseed Meal : You can take the golden grounded flaxseed and you can use them in your cereal, smoothies, soup or yogurt.
Daily Flaxseed Consumption
Flaxseed are pretty healthy punch and can be added into any of your favourite food to get all of it’s benefits. 1-2 tablespoons per day consumption is recommended for a healthy person.
Do take flaxseed cautiously if you are on any medication like blood thinners. Consult you doctor before taking it.
How To Add Flaxseed To Your Daily Diet
Adding flaxseed gives your food light and nutty taste and is a great way to boost the fibre and nutrient content of your diet. Here are the different ways to add flaxseed to your favourite foods without affecting the authentic taste of it.
- Oatmeal Breakfast: This is the simplest and easiest way to incorporate flaxseed into you daily diet. Sprinkle grounded flaxseed on your oatmeal breakfast and you are good to go.
- Smoothies: Smoothies are healthy and delicious way to start your amazing day with. Why don’t you make it more nutritional? Blend Flaxseed into your favourite smoothies and have a nutritional kickstart.
- Sandwiches: If you want to eat flavourful, delicious and fulfilling lunch then do opt for sandwiches. Mix flaxseed into your mayonnaise and make great healthy sandwiches.
- Salads: Chickpea salad is a light and refreshing salad. While using them for weight loss, add some more nutrition to it by tossing with grounded flaxseed.
- Toppings : You can consume more flaxseed by topping your yogurt bowel with 1 tsp grounded flaxseed.
- Thickener :Use grounded flaxseed to thicken your healthy veg and non veg soups and make your favourite sauces.
- Baking : Use whole flaxseed to make cookies ands muffins.
- Granola: If you are addicted to crunchy granola breakfast then sprinkle some flaxseeds to make it more healthier.
Note: Despite of having countless health benefits, flaxseed can have adverse effects also. If you have bleeding disorders or if you are pregnant then do consult your healthcare provider before taking it.
Thanks For Reading !!!
“And please do us a little favor and share this guide with others, for there’s a good chance that it will help them in one or the other way.”
Some Must Read: