Oats are endlessly customizable food that is packed with nutrients, healthy carbs and protein. Mostly, oats are known for their use in weight loss recipes, smoothies, cookies and much more. How about trying something street-style this time and that too without compromising on your diet. Keep moving forward to know more about this finger-licking Oats chilla recipe.
Eating plain oatmeal for weight loss is hard to stick with but Oats chilla is a great option to switch up the taste. You can replace any of your meals or snacks with this super easy recipe.
Can we eat oats chilla for weight loss?
Well, it is most important to know that oats chilla is a low-calorie food that is loaded with all the nutrients you need in your meal. The high fibre content in this cheela helps in keeping your stomach healthy and keeps you full for longer.
So let’s quickly check out the oats chilla recipe, I’ll also share a quicky device to make it easier for you to make oats chilla and save your time.
How to make oats chilla for weight loss?
Oats chilla/cheela is a savoury pancake made with oats, chickpea flour, colourful vegetable and a few thermogenic spices to boost your weight loss process.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2tsp chickpea flour or besan
- 1/2 capsicum
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 2 medium slices of paneer/ cottage cheese
- 1 small bowl yogurt
- 1/2 green chilli
- Salt as per taste
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp of red paprika
- 1/4 tsp of gram masala
- 1/3 tsp of cumin seeds
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- Take 1 cup of old fashioned oats, roast them a little and grind it to a powder. I prefer using raw oats.
- The ingredient list is a little long but don’t worry you need not spend any extra minute chopping, use Chef’n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper* which is very hand and quick. Throw in chunks of vegetables or whole ingredients, place the lid on, pull the cord and watch this hand-powered chopper’s blades do the hard work for you.
- Now pull out the blade and add 2 tsp of besan or chickpea flour to the chopping container. Mix it well.
- Add all the dried spices with salt. Add 1/2 cup of water or as much required to make it a spreading consistency batter.
- Heat your non-stick pan and add a few drops of ghee ( avoid using refined oil ) and spread it well with the help of an oil brush or tissue.
- Regulate the heat to a medium flame and pour 1 ladle of better which will be around 1/4 cup.
- Now spread it gently, not too thick or thin, so that it can cook inside out and is easy to flip.
- You can add few more drops of ghee around the edges, cook and flip. Cook both the sides nicely and crunchy.
- Now place the paneer/ cottage cheese slices in the centre and cover to make a role.
- Serve it hot with mint chutney or yogurt.
Can we eat oats cheela for dinner?
Oats are rich in fibre and water that keep you full and control late-night hunger pangs. You can eat oats chilla in your dinner as well. And to boost your weight loss make sure to have any of these weight loss drinks before going to bed.
Losing weight is not that easy but not impossible, you only need the right approach to your goal. Make a few lifestyle changes that will enhance your journey as well as keep motivated for a holistic and balanced lifestyle.
Best oats brands for weight loss
Oats are one of the healthiest cereals packed with minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and fiber. They offer numerous health benefits such as
- Weight loss
- Control blood sugar levels
- Improve immunity
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Decreases risk of heart disease
Including oats in your routine diet provides you all these benefits and here I m telling the most trustable oats brands that are completely gluten free and helps you to loose weight.
Start your morning with a bowlful of healthy and tasty Quaker Gluten Free Oats. The sodium-free whole grain oats can be topped with any of your favorite flavors. Fresh or dried fruit and nuts give the oats crunch, while honey, cinnamon, or brown sugar makes for a warming sweet flavor.
This is the most trustable gluten-free oats that were specially made for patients with celiac disease. Taste the difference of uncontaminated, fresh roasted flavor that comes from steamed, shelf stable process. GF harvest groats are safe for those who are gluten intolerant or anyone desiring a high quality product.
A wholesome, nutritious meal is the best way to start your day. You don’t have to sacrifice taste when fueling your body with healthy, all-organic vegan food options. Nature’s Path Old Fashioned Whole Rolled Oats provides you with a healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner each day. Serve hot or prepare as overnight oats for a creamy, filling texture that warms your body and awakens your taste buds to satisfy your hearty appetite. Nature’s Path Oats * are perfect to show love in baking.
Bob’s oats are grown in a dedicated GF growing environment and dedicated GF processing factory to maintain rich quality. These are perfect to make oats chillas for your weight is journey.
This variety pack. has everything that you are looking for in your breakfast oatmeal. It tastes amazing if you want to keep it English style. It’s gluten-free, lower in sodium than other instant oatmeal brands, easy and convenient to prepare, and delicious.
It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you don’t stop. Keep yourself motivated and loose weight to be in shade physically and mentally.
I hope you love this cheela recipe for weight loss as much as we do! If you tried it, please leave a comment below with your feedback. Be sure to sign up for my free Newsletter to be the first to get my NEW tips! You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.