Most women will get a vaginal yeast infection once in their life. It is a discomforting condition and leave you irritated.
Yeast infections are caused by overgrowth of fungus Candida.
Women and girls of all ages can get yeast infection. Before puberty and after menopause chances of yeast infection are unlikely.
Your vagina may have small amounts of yeast at any given time without causing any symptoms. But when too much yeast grows, you can get an infection.
- Vaginal Burning during urination or sex
- Vaginal Itching
- Thick and white discharge
- Pain during Sex
- Redness and Rash
- A thick, white vaginal discharge that looks like cottage cheese and does not have a bad smell
Yeast infections are easy to treat, it can take few days to maximum two weeks. The most common treatment at home is antifungal creams. But each yeast infection is different then you might require to see a physician.
Moreover yeast infection is caused by overgrowth of Candida but there is more factor which can make women prone to have yeast infection.
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Poor eating habits
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Antibiotics, which decreases amount of Lactobacillus
- Low immunity ( women suffering from HIV )
When to see a Doctor?
Seeing your doctor becomes important when you have other medical conditions like STIs, Bacterial Vaginosis, Diabetes, pregnancy and infection is more than two weeks. Do consult your primary health care provider for proper treatment.
Yeast infections are usually treated with antifungal medicine. You can take over the counter antifungal creams, medication or suppositories.
Simple yeast infection can be treated with home-remedies initially, If it is taking too long, more than a week, then consult your physician.
Some of home remedies that can help with this fungal infection
- Eating yogurt restores vaginal healthy bacteria
- Antifungal properties of coconut oil can help in eliminating yeast infections
- Tea tree oil wash also gives relief.
Thanks For Reading!!!
Some Must Reads: