Coronavirus outbreak in China has threatened everyone. Even if anyone is having seasonal flu around, becomes a suspect.
I’ll tell you a bit about coronavirus, it typically affects the respiratory tract of mammals, including humans and symptoms are of common cold, pneumonia, and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and can also affect the gut causing upset bowel movement or even episodes of diarrhoea.
Any type of flu can be prevented by putting little efforts and maintaining good hygiene.
- Cover mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough.
- Clean hands with alcohol based hand wash or soap.
Read more about Coronavirus Protection
So Far there is no vaccine against Coronavirus but still there are some ancient medications which can help increasing immunity against the flu and some of them are found in the kitchen itself. Listing them here, hopefully you will make a good use
- GARLIC: From ancient India to streets of Europe garlic has long history of use when it comes to infection. Garlic is wonderful herbal medication used to treat chest, nose and throat infections. Rich antibacterial properties has made Garlic very reputed in in increasing immunity. Studies have shown that it has the ability to combat the flu virus, common cold virus, even HIV and pneumonia too.
- GINGER: Ginger is not only an excellent remedy for the nausea and stomach upset you might feel when fighting a virus, but it also wages war against the virus itself. It does this by blocking the attachment of viruses to areas that are commonly infected first, like your airways.
- LICORICE ROOT: It is a powerful anti-inflammatory herbal medicine that helps with a huge range of conditions, such as coughs and bronchitis, arthritis, inflamed joints and skin problems. It has anti-inflammatory properties to keep infection away. You can also use Licorice Root Liquid extract.
- OREGANO : It is a fragrant herb and it’s antiviral abilities can inactivate the virus in gut . It has beneficial effects against Herpes simplex , human respiratory syncytial virus and many more. To gain most of its antiviral benefit choose oregano extract.
- CLOVE OIL: Cloves are well known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties specially for sore throat, cough and other respiratory infections. Consuming clove oil works wonderfully, you can add 2 drops in your tea or add 7-10 drops in aroma diffuser also to have a great effect in home.
- THYME OIL: Thyme is generally used to season your food but apart from that it has some medicinal properties also . It works as an antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent. Consuming thyme and thyme oil provides great immunity to fight respiratory infections, cancer, heart disease and many more.
- RAW TURMERIC: Turmeric is an ancient herb well known for its medicinal value. Consuming raw turmeric heals you , protect you against viral and bacterial infections. You can boil raw turmeric in milk till it turn pale yellow then consume or make a turmeric tea.
- ELDERBERRY : Elder is one of most commonly used medicinal plant as it works as anti-viral, anti-catarrhal, anti-inflammatory, diuretic and many more. We can find it commonly in juice, jams, chutneys and syrups. During infections ideal form is Elderberry syrup or Elderberry tea to use .
BACOPA MONNIERI(BRAHMI): Brahmi is a traditional ayurvedic medicine used for centuries to improve memory and reducing anxiety. It is rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and anti cancer properties .
- ECHINACEA:Echinacea (Purple Coneflower) is a well-known herbal remedy for colds, flu and immune support. It has a tonic action on the body’s immune system. Echinacea can fight infection, both viral and bacterial and helps to clear toxins from the body.
What are is Coronavirus Quarantine?